Sunday, November 20, 2011

James Gosling Interview at JavaOne 2009 (Part 1 of 3)


Part 1 of 3. Me interviewing James Gosling at JavaOne 2009. I know the camerawork is shaky, the audio has a lot of crackles and pops, and I'm obviously nervous, but this was my first interview and my first video. I hope you enjoy it. Equipment used: Canon FS200 digital camera, RadioShack unidirectional microphone (catalog #: 33-3038), and Sony ICD-PX720 digital voice recorder. Edited with: Audacity (audio), Windows Movie Maker (video) My thoughts on the equipment I used: About the only thing I'm sure I still like after making this video is Audacity. The Canon FS200 spits out videos in .MOD format only, which is a pain (at least on Windows, because it's not recognized by Windows Movie Maker). Either the RadioShack microphone or the Sony digital voice recorder are responsible for the all the crackles and pops present in the audio every time I move the microphone (there were even more crackles and pops in the audio before I edited some out with Audacity). As for Windows Movie Maker, it has an extremely limited feature set, and just like everything else Microsoft, it's incredibly frustrating to use for even the most basic tasks. But I guess it does have "Windows" in the name, so they do warn you. As usual, Audacity worked just fine. If I were to do something like this again, I would use two wireless lavalier microphones instead of a handheld, and I would probably feed them directly into the camera instead of into a separate recording device. I would also use a different ...

Purchasing Leight Ear Plugs Order Similac Strongmoms




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links